‘Tis’ the season for beauty advent calendars. Whether you’re gifting one to yourself or a loved one, there’s a beauty advent calendar for everyone. I love beauty advent calendars because it’s almost always a bargain. And you get to discover new or best-selling products from your favorite established beauty brands.
The beauty advent calendar first originated in the United Kingdom when Liberty, a luxury department store, released a calendar promoting its beauty hall’s relaunch. Shoppers stood in line as early as 6 a.m. in hopes of purchasing a coveted calendar.
Today, most well-known beauty brands and retailers worldwide offer beauty calendars for each holiday season. The excitement is still the same. Consequently, shoppers wait all year long for their most coveted beauty calendar drop. In addition, beauty calendars usually sell out almost immediately after the launch date.
This year, the Dior beauty advent calendar and the Chanel No.5 limited edition calendar are at the top of my list. Since I was lucky enough to get the Dior beauty advent calendar, I’m sharing my honest review of this iconic beauty calendar.
My Dior Advent Beauty Calendar Review
In my opinion, the Dior beauty advent calendar is the most spectacular of the bunch this year. London-based artist Alice Shirley designed this glittering festive creation, most known for her stunning interpretations of the world’s flora (plant life) and fauna (animals).
The illustrated exterior, wrapped in wintry foliage, butterflies, and bees, is a tribute to the awe-inspiring Dior Paris boutique at 30 Avenue Montaigne. Your December days will be filled with magic and wonder up until Christmas day as you open each of 24 windows one by one.
Besides the gorgeous exterior of the beauty calendar, I’m most excited to discover the 24 deluxe beauty miniatures included. Eight come from the fragrance lines. You’ll also get a handful of nourishing skincare formulas to help keep your skin glowing in the winter months and a few luxurious items from the Prestige line. For myself, I can’t wait to use the red lipstick (perfect for the holidays) and the plumping, hydrating Lip Glow balm.
Here is the complete list of the 24 Dior beauty miniatures included in the Dior beauty advent calendar this year:
- J’adore eau de parfum infinissime – 0.17 oz
- J’adore Eau de Parfum – 0.17 oz
- Miss Dior Rose N’Roses Eau de Toilette – 0.17 oz
- Miss Dior Eau de Parfum – 0.17 oz
- Sauvage Eau de Parfum – 0.34 oz
- Dior Homme Eau de Toilette – 0.34 oz
- La Collection Privée Christian Dior Ambre Nuit Fragrance – 0.25 oz
- La Collection Privée Christian Dior Gris Dior Fragrance – 0.25 oz
- Miss Dior hand cream – 0.68 oz
- Capture Totale Super Potent Serum – 0.34 oz
- Dior Prestige La Mousse Micellaire – 0.35 oz
- Capture Totale Super Potent Eye Serum – 0.17 oz
- Dior Prestige La Micro-Huile de Rose Advanced Serum – 0.34 oz
- Capture Totale Firming and Wrinkle-Correcting Creme – 0.5 oz
- Dior Prestige La Crème Texture Essentielle – 0.17 oz
- Dior Prestige La Micro-Lotion de Rose – 0.34 oz
- Rouge Dior lipstick 999 satin finish – 0.05 oz
- Dior Vernis 999 – 0.25 oz
- Rouge Dior lipstick 100 matte finish – 0.05 oz
- Dior Addict Lip Maximizer gloss, 001 Pink – 0.07 oz
- Diorshow Iconic Overcurl mascara – 0.14 oz
- Dior Forever Skin Glow radiant foundation, 2N – 0.17 oz
- Dior Forever matte foundation, 2N – 0.17 oz
- La Collection Privée Christian Dior 30 Montaigne exclusive candle – 3 oz
Dior Beauty Advent Calendar 2021
Lastly, if you’re looking for more Dior inspiration, don’t forget to check out my Dior Saddle Bag review.
Are you as excited as I am for the beauty advent calendar season? Which beauty calendar is at the top of your wishlist this year? Let me know in the comments below.
I can’t wait to get my hands on the Chanel advent ❤️
Although the Dior is better value.. for me, it’s the fact that this is Chanel’s first ever Advent and it’s No.5’s 100th Anniversary is the only reason why I’ll be paying a crazy $1140AUD.
Even though I’ve already got 80% of the contents by attending various events since 2013, yes… they’ve recycled gifts of appreciation 😆
It’s the vision that’s captured me or the fact that I’ll be suffering from FOMO when I see all the posts 😆
Thanks for your comment. I’m also excited about Chanel’s beauty calendar this year too.❤️ You can’t go wrong with either the Dior or Chanel beauty calendar. But I do agree that the Chanel beauty calendar will be extra special this year.